This statement explains how Maxim Logistics Group Ltd handles, processes and uses personal data we collect about current and previous staff employed by the company. Where in this statement we refer to ‘we’ or ‘our’ or ‘us’ we are referring to Maxim Logistics Group Ltd and where we refer to ‘you’ or ‘your’ we are referring to our staff.
Our data protection policy and procedures are governed by the Data Protection Act 1998 and, from 25th May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation. The law in this area is changing rapidly and we anticipate this statement may be revised in line with guidance from the Information Commissioner’s office.
As a company we are committed to ensuring that any personal information we hold about you is safe and we aim to be transparent about what information we hold about you, how we use and how we store it. We understand our obligations to you to ensure that you understand why and how we process your personal data. This notice outlines what we use your personal data for, how we process it and how we store it.
Why We Hold Your Personal Data
We are required to hold your personal data for various legal and practical purposes, without which we would be unable to employ you.
Holding your personal data enables us to meet various administrative and legal obligations (eg for tax purposes).
We will also process your personal information in other circumstances, provided you have given your consent for us to do so.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
The lawful basis for processing the personal data of staff as described in this document is to fulfil a contract with an individual.
There is a contractual requirement for you to provide much of the information detailed. Without this we will be unable to fulfil our obligations which could result in the contract terminating.
Maxim Logistics Group Ltd may also store some of your personal data in accordance with other privacy notices.
Personal Data Held By Maxim Logistics Group Ltd
The information we hold about you is primarily information you provided when applying for your job, supplemented by information generated in the course of your employment.
In Common With All Data Subjects:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Unique personal identifiers and biographical information (e.g. date of birth) Personal data provided by you for a specific purpose or purposes (for example, disability, catering preferences or lifestyle status for event management);
- information related to the prevention and detection of crime and the safety of staff and visitors including, but not limited to, CCTV recording;
- Financial information gathered for the purposes of administering wages, salaries etc.
- Your visa requirements; copies of passports, visas, and other documents required to ensure compliance with home office requirements.
- Details of your education, qualifications and professional memberships.
Particular to Staff:
- Your application and curriculum vitae;
- Details of your career;
- Your contract of employment;
- Performance reviews;
- Disciplinary, grievance and capability procedures;
- Accidents at work; and
- Training provided.
Sensitive Personal Data Held By Maxim Logistics Group Ltd
The information we hold is that which you provide to us (for example, you may give us information by filling in forms on our website, or by corresponding with us by post, telephone, email or otherwise).
Records May Contain:
- Your religious affiliation
- Your ordained status
How Your Personal Data Is Used By Maxim Logistics Group Ltd
Your data is used by us for a number of purposes including:
All Data Subjects:
- Publications, invitations and other communications.
- E-news and flash emails.
- Internal reporting and record keeping.
- The promotion of company events.
- Administrative purposes (e.g. in order to process wages and salaries).
- Responding to data access requests you make.
- Giving key card access to parts of the premises.
- Issuing references at your request.
- The company archives.
- Contacting you, your next of kin, or other relevant contact in case of an emergency.
- Inclusion in the company directory
- Inclusion in the company newsletter
- Inclusion on the website
- Marketing, including images, online, in print and on social media (with your consent)
Particular to Staff:
- Providing staff accommodation.
Communications to you may be sent by post, telephone or a work email address. Your personal mobile phone number will only be used if you have given consent.
If you have concerns or queries about any of these purposes, or how we communicate with you, please contact us at the address given below. We will always respect a request by you to stop processing your personal data, and in addition your statutory rights are set out below.
Sharing Your Data with Others
Within Maxim Logistics Group Ltd, personal data, including sensitive personal data, may be shared between management, and other senior staff, who legitimately need the information to carry out their normal duties to support your time with us. We endeavour to ensure that sensitive personal data is only shared with colleagues with your explicit consent.
However, circumstances may arise where this data is shared with colleagues without gaining your consent. This will only occur if it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person; or for certain other reasons where it is not possible or appropriate to gain your consent such as disclosures to the police for prevention or detection of crime, or to meet statutory obligations relating to equality monitoring.
Maxim Logistics Group Ltd may disclose certain personal data to third parties. These external organisations, and the purpose for sharing the information, are set out below.
- Relevant data, including your bank details, will be shared with our payroll providers and may be shared with our accountants (for payment of expenses).
- Relevant data may be shared with your next of kin but only with your consent or in an emergency.
- Relevant data may be shared with Home Office, UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) in order to confirm your immigration status.
- Data may be shared with reputable “data processors” for the purposes of sending communications (eg mailchimp).
- With your permission we may share information about you for publicity and marketing purposes online, in print and on social media.
Otherwise, Maxim Logistics Group Ltd does not share data with any third party, except as allowed for in other privacy notices or required by law. We do not sell your personal data to third parties under any circumstances, or permit third parties to sell on the data we have shared with them.
Transfer of Personal Data to Other Countries
Where data is shared within the UK, or the European Union (EU), the third party will be required to comply with and safeguard the data under the terms of the DPA and appropriate EU regulations.
Your personal information will only be transferred to countries, outside of the EU, whose data protection laws have been assessed as adequate by the European Commission, or where adequate safeguards, such as the EU-US Privacy Shield, are in place.
How Long Data Is Kept
We will keep your personal data only as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, and in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Data will be securely destroyed when no longer required.
Where you exercise your right to erasure, we will continue to maintain a core set of personal data (name, dates of working at Maxim Logistics Group Ltd and date of birth) to ensure we do not contact you inadvertently in future, and to maintain your record for archive purposes. We may also need to retain some financial records about you for statutory purposes (e.g. accounting matters).
You have the following rights
- We reserve the right to judge what information we must continue to hold to be able to fulfil our contract with you.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
The controller for your personal data and our Data Protection Officer is the Financial Controller of Maxim Logistics Group Ltd who can be contacted on email Lloydj@dm-h.com or Maxim Logistics Group Ltd, 2 Darwin Road, Willowbrook East Ind. Estate, Corby, NN17 5XZ.
Our Data Protection Officer is responsible for monitoring compliance with relevant legislation in relation to the protection of personal data.
Please contact us at Lloydj@dm-h.com if you have any concerns or questions about the above information or you wish to ask us not to process your personal data for particular purposes or to erase your data. Where you have specific requests relating to how we manage your data, we will endeavour to resolve these, but please note that there may be circumstances where we cannot comply with specific requests.
We will publish on our website any changes we make to this data protection statement and notify you by other communication channels where appropriate.